Sunday, January 13, 2008

Do They Speak to you Fonce?

Ina asked to speak to me. She asked me if I saw dead people. If they spoke to me. Said she might be going insane or .. she always had been insane and it was just now coming out.

I had to smirk.

Anyway .. I told her the truth. It was not my gig .. I did not look for it like some Spex .. in fact I avoided it like Bazians avoid the plague .. but it had happened to me and usually when I least want it to.

She said she talked to her father many times in the caves.

Caves .. walls ... well there was reason number two why I avoid the caves at all costs. Not only for the walls but .. well ... I am not listening.

So she told me she went riding out on the plains with no thought of returning. I had to study her for a bit ... suicide is a heavy subject. Seeking death either from your hand or another's is self destructive and the redundancy of that statement is staggering while yet retaining enough logic to appeal.

She said the mists parted and she saw Jerus and her grandfather there. I said this was not the first time she had experienced such and she agreed .. having told me of another time as well. She said she seems to have a gift these things. I had to agree .. because well ... she sees them.

She said Jerus told her that the man that keeps calling her in her dreams was never real. That her head was so full of things all piled up that she created him herself. She asked me if that was possible.

I said I did not think so .. but the mind is not something anyone completely understands and perhaps I would learn something different.

She said that Seth figured the man calling to her was Oson .. but she said no .. that was not so. The man was more like me. I tried not to find that offensive. She said she wanted me to know he was still there .. this man calling her away ... but that she was not insane and the man had been placed behind a barrier by the Clan.

Well there was something I did not know .. that the Singers could do that kind of shit. Right on. Weird .. but ... right on.

She said she thought much could be blamed on the fact she had not grieved for Oson. I said .. perhaps ... grief can do strange things to people. She said she missed him .. but was not very sad. I told her perhaps she used up all her sad while he was gone .. and just did not have a lot left.

I told her I did not think she was insane ... I figure she just had some things to work through and that would take some time.

I think I have had more conversations about my Clan with those of the First Fires than I ever have since I returned to them as a freshly scarred boy. But oddly enough they are all about things I do not do. Things that are not a part of me as a Haruspex.

Yes I know some Spex talk to dead people. Some of them .. even seek them out.

But I am still ... not listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home