Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Rhythm

And with the rhyme all metered and in place the rhythm took over and that is when all the rules went right out the flap.

I never bound her wrists .. I never put a collar on her neck. All the things that tradition stood there and shook his finger at me about.

But the weird thing was .. that once the structure was in place .. the rules were no longer so necessary. Things slid around inside the exoskeleton without leaking out and making things chaotic and a mess. Oddly enough it worked for me. Just like it was ... just like that.

Not sure how she did that. It sure was not me. I give her all the credit .. I am envious of her belief and love. How with a few simple words and gestures she can smooth it all away and I forget how much I want to kill her dead. You know .. once she gets it. Once I am able to get across to her what is eating me up inside.

And it is not like I have all the answers yet. Or that she does for that matter. But enough answers to take the next step.

So what will it all look like in the end? I have no idea. Everything is all different and new for me. Still within my boundaries .. obeying my lines ... but other than that? It is blowing all my preconceived perceptions of how it all worked and fit together.

This love thing .. it is a vast new territory with wide open vistas that stretch out to places I have never been before and I am itching and ready to explore it.

I am dancing and I have the rhyme but I am just now figuring out the rhythm and ... I am all right with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home