Saturday, January 19, 2008

I Got the World .. On a String?

If it were not for the bosk ..and the work that I do as a herdsman and as a warrior ... I would go insane. A man just has to have things he is good at to counter balance all the shit he is not so good at. I am not so good at relationships .. at people.

So when I saw Sahli coming to the fires with some kind of yellow powder I asked him what it was. He said he was making dye for a kite. I wanted to know what a kite was .. when he explained it I knew exactly what a kite was. I had seen them .. though I had never been able to have one .. or fly one even as a boy. I wanted one more than anything at that moment. And I wanted it .. right then.

Both Leonette and Falon said they would help me make my own .. which is all right but I wanted a really good one and that meant I wanted Sahli to make me one. A good one .. one of the best. I did not want one that showed I did not know how to make one. Sahli said he would make me one .. then went off towards the stream. I could not wait any longer .. I wanted it so bad. So I took off after him.

Must have missed him .. somewhere in the wagons because I never found him at the stream. But later we met up at the fires again and he had blue bring me a huge yellow kite. With a tail. And it had a woman painted on it.

I am jealous .. jealous that I do not know how to fly it right yet. Jealous of Sahli's ability with the kites. But I am way more jacked up and excited about having my own. I was going to figure it all out and be fantastic at it. But there was no way in hell anyone was going to see my first attempts.

So I took the kite out on the plains. Someone should have warned me .. told me how it was because it went all wrong. First I could not seem to get the kite and the wind to communicate with each other at all. And then when they did .. they did it all without me.

I hunted all over for that kite. I felt stood up and broken hearted. I saw Arigh and blue by the stream and I do not even remember what we talked about. I know I was all sour. I left to keep looking for my kite. It had to be out there somewhere.

I found it though ... it was stuck on Kai's fang. His good one .. not his broken one. Now how he got a hold of it I will never know but Kai figured he had the best toy a kaiila ever found. Damn beast. I convinced him otherwise but by the time I got it away from him and stomped off it was in pretty bad shape.

I wonder if I can fix it. Well I know one more thing I am not so good at.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home