Saturday, January 26, 2008

Her ... On My Step

Seduced by something much more simple than events conspired to lure and fascinate. I find myself in a world of primary colors that blend easily together without a strain on the eye.

Simple like the sound of the wind walking through the grass. The color of the Sky on a winter's morning. The evening star. Or the smell of stewed meat after a long day of riding.

I realized something this year. I will have to replace the structure of my wagon. I had meant to after the storm but things just got away from me and I ended up with just more patching. I mean .. I have the leather top ... and the bracing ... I just have not put it all together. The more time I spend in my wagon the more I realize how much needs to be done. I have not cared much for it since it became my own .. and I moved my simple ... there is that word again .... world into it.

Not that I intend to lose that sparse clean aura that I have attained within it. But the structure itself must be improved.

I got waylaid by Oren and Astar .. demanding that I get a few pots of my own. What? Why? Now? Since when? Oh.... boots. Well .. I had not thought of that before. Despite the fact the two of them had me backed into a corner .. not easy to do on the plains ... they both had amused quirks to the corners of their mouths and I got the distinct feeling they were amused.

The entire thing was uncomfortable. Why could they not just leave well enough alone .. why did they have to go changing things. All of them. Women. I was feeling claustrophobic and had the distinct desire to go riding again ..but I needed one of my clean tunics. I escaped the twins of terror and made it to my steps and I had to pause .. there painted upon one of them was a little heart ... I touched it to see if it was dry and it was mostly. Fortunately for the heart .. I did not smudge it. I shook my head with a smirk and got my tunic from the chest .. jogging down my steps then.

I do not know where my boots was but since I did not see the dirty laundry where it usually sits I guessed she was making herself useful. I had a few ideas for that myself but they could wait until I had the time to share them with her. For now I had about a hundred things to do and just about as many people that wanted to talk to me about them.

I think that heart on my step is an example of those .. simple things ... I was trying to describe earlier. It was such a girlie thing to do .. but I did not see the heart when I looked at it. I saw her .. I smelled her ... I tasted her. And I carried that with me throughout the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home